Residential Care Officer
Unit Group 4117: Welfare Support Workers
Welfare Support Workers provide support, information and advice to clients on emotional, financial, recreational, health, housing and other social welfare matters, and evaluate and coordinate the services of welfare and community service agencies.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assessing clients’ needs and planning, developing and implementing educational, training and support programs
- interviewing clients and assessing the nature and extent of difficulties
- monitoring and reporting on the progress of clients
- referring clients to agencies that can provide additional help
- assessing community need and resources for health, welfare, housing, employment, training and other facilities and services
- liaising with community groups, welfare agencies, government bodies and private businesses about community issues and promoting awareness of community resources and services
- supporting families and providing education and care for children and disabled persons in adult service units, group housing and government institutions
- supervising offenders on probation and parole
- assisting young people to solve social, emotional and financial problems
- preparing submissions for funding and resources, and reports to government bodies and other agencies
Occupations in this unit group
- 411711 Housing Officer
- 411711 Community Support Worker
- 411711 Community Development Officer
- 411711 Community Worker
- 411712 Disabilities Services Officer
- 411713 Family Support Worker
- 411714 Parole or Probation Officer
- 411716 Youth Officer
- 411716 Youth Support Worker
- 411716 Juvenile Justice Officer
- 411716 Youth Accommodation Support Worker
- 411716 Youth Liaison Officer
- 411716 Youth Worker
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation