Unit Group 4233: Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers
Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers provide assistance, support and direct care to patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients’ condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
Occupations in this unit group
- 423312 Assistant in Nursing
- 423312 Nurses' Aide (NZ)
- 423312 Paramedical Aide
- 423312 Nursing Support Worker
- 423313 Health Care Assistant
- 423313 Personal Care Assistant
- 423314 Occupational Therapist's Assistant
- 423314 Physiotherapist's Assistant
- 423314 Diversional Therapist's Assistant
- 423314 Therapist's Assistant
- 423314 Therapy Aide
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation