Geologist Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 234411
|2 - Professionals
|23 - Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals
|234 - Natural and Physical Science Professionals
|2344 - Geologists, Geophysicists and Hydrogeologists
Unit Group 2344: Geologists, Geophysicists and Hydrogeologists
Geologists, Geophysicists and Hydrogeologists study the composition, structure and other physical attributes of the earth, locate and advise on the extraction of minerals, petroleum and ground water, and detect, monitor and forecast seismic, magnetic, electrical, thermal and oceanographic activity. Geographers are excluded from this unit group.
Geographers are included in Unit Group 2724 Social Professionals.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- conducting preliminary surveys of mineral, petroleum and natural gas deposits with prospectors, Mining Engineers, Metallurgists, and other mineral scientists and engineers
- preparing and supervising the production of laboratory reports and scientific papers
- conducting studies of the structure, nature and formation of the earth’s crust and the minerals contained in it
- studying and dating fossils and rock strata to develop knowledge of the evolution and biology of life forms, and to assess their commercial applications
- studying the effects of natural events, such as erosion, sedimentation, earthquakes and volcanic activity, on the formation of the earth’s surface and sea beds
- carrying out exploration to determine the resources present by sampling, examining and analysing geological specimens, rock cores, cuttings and samples using optical, chemical, electronic and mechanical techniques
- conducting surveys of variations in the earth’s gravitational and magnetic fields to determine its physical features
- investigating the propagation of seismic waves to determine the structure and stability of the earth’s mantle and crust
- studying the causes of earthquakes and other stress states of the earth’s crust
- performing laboratory and field studies, and aerial, ground and drill hole surveys
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation