Farrier Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 322113
|3 - Technicians and Trades Workers
|32 - Automotive and Engineering Trades Workers
|322 - Fabrication Engineering Trades Workers
|3221 - Metal Casting, Forging and Finishing Trades Workers
Unit Group 3221: Metal Casting, Forging and Finishing Trades Workers
Metal Casting, Forging and Finishing Trades Workers fabricate mould patterns and form sand moulds and cores for the production of metal castings, heat and hammer metal into shape, and make, repair, coat and polish metal parts and articles.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- selecting metal stock for job requirements
- heating metal in forges and furnaces and hammering, punching and cutting metal using hand tools and machine presses
- tempering and hardening finished articles by quenching in oil or water baths or by cooling gradually in air
- preparing electrolytic and silver solutions for electroforming, and applying solution to the objects to be coated
- setting and adjusting controls to regulate electric current and depositing of coating on objects
- preparing horses’ hooves for shoeing, nailing horseshoes to hooves, and trimming hooves
- cutting, trimming, shaping and smoothing stock to form mould patterns
- filling boxes with sand and setting patterns in place, and pouring molten metal into moulds
- applying refractory paint and positioning cores in moulds
- finishing metal and articles by polishing and buffing and applying shellac, lacquer, paint and other finishes
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation