ANZSCO CODE - 234399
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||23 - Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals|
|Minor Group||234 - Natural and Physical Science Professionals|
|Unit Group||2343 - Environmental Scientists|
Unit Group 2343: Environmental Scientists
Environmental Scientists study, develop, implement and advise on policies and plans for managing and protecting the environment, flora, fauna and other natural resources.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- evaluating habitat, wildlife and fisheries needs, and formulating short- and long-term management goals and objectives
- enforcing laws and regulations to conserve and protect fish and wildlife
- carrying out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development projects
- proposing solutions to address negative environmental impact
- studying the effects of factors, such as terrain, altitude, climatic and environmental change, sources of nutrition, predators and the impacts of humans, on animal and plant life
- studying and analysing pollution, atmospheric conditions, demographic characteristics, ecology, mineral, soil and water samples
- developing conservation and management policies for biological resources, such as fish populations and forests, and establishing standards and developing approaches for the control of pollution and the rehabilitation of areas disturbed by activities such as mining, timber felling and overgrazing
- implementing policies and organising activities in designated parks and other areas to conserve and protect natural and cultural heritage
- participating in management planning by providing environmental information and making inventories of plants, animals and items of cultural and heritage significance
Occupations in this unit group
- 234311 Conservation Officer
- 234311 Landcare Facilitator
- 234312 Environmental Adviser
- 234312 Environmental Auditor
- 234312 Environmental Officer
- 234312 Environmental Consultant
- 234313 Environmental Research Scientist
- 234313 Water Quality Analyst
- 234313 Land Degradation Analyst
- 234313 Ecologist
- 234313 Air Pollution Analyst
- 234313 Environmental Scientist
- 234314 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Land and Sea Ranger
- 234314 Park Ranger
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation