Contemporary or Modern Dancer
Unit Group 2111: Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers
Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers entertain by portraying roles in productions, performing and composing dances, and performing a variety of other acts.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learning lines and cues, rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions
- practising dance routines and interpreting the choreographic content of the production
- performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- composing and notating ballet compositions and other dance routines
- creating and performing individual performance routines
- rehearsing, auditioning and travelling between entertainment venues
Occupations in this unit group
- 211111 Actor
- 211111 Mime Artist
- 211111 Voice-over Artist
- 211113 Puppeteer
- 211113 Ventriloquist
- 211113 Magician/Illusionist
- 211113 Clown
- 211113 Comedian
- 211113 Circus Artist
- 211113 Busker
- 211113 Entertainer or Variety Artist
- 211199 Extra (Film or Television)
- 211199 Circus Trainer
- 211199 Disc Jockey (Nightclub)
- 211199 Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers nec
- 211199 Stunt Performer
- 211199 Public Speaker
- 211199 Motivational Speaker
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation