Unit Group 8321: Packers
Packers weigh, wrap, seal and label chocolate, fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood and other products.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required
- obtaining supplies of products and assembling bags, package folders and cartons
- packing containers and bags with products, and counting, weighing and measuring amounts and adjusting quantities
- wrapping protective material around products, sealing bags and containers, and attaching pre-printed labels
- counting and placing bags and packages onto trays and racks, and into shipping cartons
- recording information such as numbers, weight, times and dates
- monitoring the filling of containers and adjusting machines to maintain volume and seal quality
- monitoring the supply and quality of containers and contents of holding tanks
- checking the cleanliness and operation of machines, equipment and containers
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation