ANZSCO CODE - 234211
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||23 - Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals|
|Minor Group||234 - Natural and Physical Science Professionals|
|Unit Group||2342 - Chemists, and Food and Wine Scientists|
Unit Group 2342: Chemists, and Food and Wine Scientists
Chemists, and Food and Wine Scientists study the chemical and physical properties of substances, develop and monitor chemical processes and production, develop new and improve existing food products, and plan and coordinate the production of wine and spirits.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Wine Makers, at least five years of experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- conducting experiments and tests to identify the chemical composition and reactive properties of natural substances and processed materials
- analysing and conducting research to develop theories, techniques and processes, and testing the reliability of outcomes under different conditions
- developing practical applications of experimental and research findings
- testing food products for flavour, colour, taste, texture and nutritional content
- advising on preserving, processing, packaging, storing and delivering foods
- developing quality control procedures and safety standards for the manufacture of food products
- examining grape samples to assess ripeness, sugar and acid content, and determining suitability for processing
- coordinating winemaking processes, directing workers in testing and crushing grapes, fermenting juices, and fortifying, clarifying, maturing and finishing wines
- blending wines according to formulae and knowledge of winemaking techniques
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation