Agricultural Consultant Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 234111
|2 - Professionals
|23 - Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals
|234 - Natural and Physical Science Professionals
|2341 - Agricultural, Fisheries and Forestry Scientists
Unit Group 2341: Agricultural, Fisheries and Forestry Scientists
Agricultural, Fisheries and Forestry Scientists advise farmers, primary industries and government on aspects of farming, fisheries, aquaculture and forestry, develop techniques for increasing productivity, and study and develop plans and policies for the management of land, fisheries and forest areas.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- collecting and analysing data and samples of produce, feed, soil, water quality and other factors affecting stock and production
- advising Farmers and Farm Managers on techniques for improving production, and alternative options
- advising farmers on issues such as livestock and crop disease, control of pests and weeds, soil improvement, animal husbandry and nutrition and feeding programs
- studying environmental and other factors affecting commercial crop production, pasture growth, animal breeding, fisheries, and forests and forest trees
- studying the effects of cultivation techniques, soils, insects and diseases on production
- developing procedures and techniques for solving problems and improving the efficiency of production
- managing forest and aquatic resources to maximise their long-term commercial, recreational and environmental benefits for the community
- studying the propagation and culture of forest trees, methods for improving the growth of stock and the effects of thinning on forest yields
- preparing plans for reafforestation and devising efficient harvesting systems
- investigating, planning and implementing management procedures to cope with the effects of fires, floods, droughts, soil erosion, insect pests and diseases
Occupations in this unit group
- 234113 Forester / Forest Scientist
- 234113 Forestry Adviser
- 234113 Forestry Consultant
- 234114 Agricultural Research Scientist
- 234114 Agricultural Scientist
- 234114 Research Agronomist
- 234115 Animal Nutritionist
- 234115 Sales Agronomist
- 234115 Agronomist
- 234116 Aquaculture or Fisheries Research Scientist
- 234116 Aquaculture or Fisheries Scientist
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation