ANZSCO ID 242211 - TAFE Lecturer
Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute, polytechnic or other training institute to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes. Registration or licensing is required.
Group 24 Education Professionals
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- delivering prescribed courses of study
- monitoring and assessing the progress of individual students
- attending to the social, emotional, intellectual and physical wellbeing of students and maintaining acceptable standards of conduct
- discussing individual progress, courses, academic matters and problems with other professionals, parents and students
- providing tuition in specialised subjects such as art, music, dance and drama
- preparing and presenting theoretical and practical subject matter in lectures, tutorials and workshop sessions
- conducting research and advising on particular areas of the education process, curriculum coordination and design