ANZSCO ID 851111 - Short Order Cook
Prepares a restricted range of foods in a fast food establishment.
Group 85 Food Preparation Assistants
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- assisting Cooks and Chefs by assembling and preparing ingredients
- preparing salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, fish and chips and other fast foods
- packing food and beverages in containers and on trays for serving
- cleaning kitchens and food preparation areas
- cleaning cooking and general utensils