ANZSCO ID 423311 - Patient Services Assistant
Assists with the provision of care to patients in a hospital by ensuring wards are neat and tidy, lifting and turning patients and transporting them in wheelchairs or on movable beds, and providing direct care and support.
Group 42 Carers and Aides
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning, conducting and participating in educational and recreational activities to encourage the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- supervising children in recreational activities
- preparing and distributing educational aids
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting Professionals in the provision of care and support to aged and disabled persons, patients in hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and children in residential care establishments
- assisting patients and clients with personal care needs, rehabilitative exercises and providing emotional support