ANZSCO ID 421113 - Nanny
Assists parents in the provision of ongoing care and supervision for babies and children, usually in the child's
Group 42 Carers and Aides
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning, conducting and participating in educational and recreational activities to encourage the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- supervising children in recreational activities
- preparing and distributing educational aids
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting Professionals in the provision of care and support to aged and disabled persons, patients in hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and children in residential care establishments
- assisting patients and clients with personal care needs, rehabilitative exercises and providing emotional support