ANZSCO ID 249111 - Curriculum Advisory Teacher
Conducts educational research and develops course curricula and associated teaching materials for use by educational institutions.
Group 24 Education Professionals
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- delivering prescribed courses of study
- monitoring and assessing the progress of individual students
- attending to the social, emotional, intellectual and physical wellbeing of students and maintaining acceptable standards of conduct
- discussing individual progress, courses, academic matters and problems with other professionals, parents and students
- providing tuition in specialised subjects such as art, music, dance and drama
- preparing and presenting theoretical and practical subject matter in lectures, tutorials and workshop sessions
- conducting research and advising on particular areas of the education process, curriculum coordination and design