ANZSCO ID 821911 - Crane Chaser
Slings cranes and winches, and directs the movement of loads ensuring loads do not exceed lifting capacities.
Group 82 Construction and Mining Labourers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of some Skill Level 5 occupations, a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification, or no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- loading and unloading construction materials and equipment, and transporting them around building sites
- mixing, spreading and levelling concrete, plaster and mortar
- laying out fence lines and lifting and positioning posts
- insulating buildings, pipes and ducting
- fitting awnings, security screens and other home improvements
- assembling and erecting scaffolding and rigging
- digging holes and trenches, and spreading, levelling and compacting soil, gravel, sand and ballast
- erecting and dismantling barricades
- directing cranes