ANZSCO ID 821111 - Carpenter's Assistant
Performs routine tasks in erecting and repairing structures and facilities on building and construction sites and in factories producing prefabricated building components.
Group 82 Construction and Mining Labourers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of some Skill Level 5 occupations, a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification, or no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- loading and unloading construction materials and equipment, and transporting them around building sites
- mixing, spreading and levelling concrete, plaster and mortar
- laying out fence lines and lifting and positioning posts
- insulating buildings, pipes and ducting
- fitting awnings, security screens and other home improvements
- assembling and erecting scaffolding and rigging
- digging holes and trenches, and spreading, levelling and compacting soil, gravel, sand and ballast
- erecting and dismantling barricades
- directing cranes