ANZSCO ID 111212 - Air Vice Marshal (Air Force)
Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of organisational units of the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces through subordinate officers.
Group 11 Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators
CHIEF EXECUTIVES, GENERAL MANAGERS AND LEGISLATORS plan, organise, direct, control and review the overall operations of organisations and their major programs, and represent constituencies in parliaments and local government authorities.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- - determining and setting the overall direction and objectives of organisations
- - determining and formulating policies, rules and regulations to govern the overall operations of organisations
- - directing and controlling the overall operations of organisations to ensure objectives are met
- - monitoring and evaluating the overall performance of organisations and adjusting policies, rules and regulations to ensure objectives are met
- - representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- - determining, planning and formulating government policies, laws, rules and regulations
- - investigating matters of concern to the public and electorate, and proposing government action