ANZSCO ID 422111 - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
Assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in their education, provides feedback to parents or guardians and teachers about students' progress, and liaises with educational bodies, government agencies and committees.
Group 42 Carers and Aides
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning, conducting and participating in educational and recreational activities to encourage the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- supervising children in recreational activities
- preparing and distributing educational aids
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting Professionals in the provision of care and support to aged and disabled persons, patients in hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and children in residential care establishments
- assisting patients and clients with personal care needs, rehabilitative exercises and providing emotional support