Pest Management Technician
Unit Group 8434: Pest Control Technicians
Pest Control Technicians apply pest management techniques to manage and control animal and invertebrate pests inside and outside domestic, commercial and industrial premises.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- inspecting buildings and outside areas to detect signs of infestation
- determining type of treatment required and providing clients with estimates of costs
- preparing and spraying chemicals on infested areas using mechanical and electric sprayers to kill pests
- fumigating houses and other buildings
- laying baits, and placing and setting traps to capture and remove animals, such as rats and mice
- installing animal control barriers such as needle strips, netting and other devices to keep animals off property
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation