Telecommunications Cable Jointer
ANZSCO CODE - 342412
|Major Group||3 - Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||34 - Electrotechnology and Telecommunications Trades Workers|
|Minor Group||342 - Electronics and Telecommunications Trades Workers|
|Unit Group||3424 - Telecommunications Trades Workers|
Unit Group 3424: Telecommunications Trades Workers
Telecommunications Trades Workers install, maintain and repair data transmission equipment, aerial lines, conduits, cables, radio antennae and telecommunications equipment and appliances.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining drawings, specifications and work areas to determine positioning and connections for equipment to be installed
- locating faults in telecommunications equipment using instruments such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, ammeters and transmission measuring equipment
- attaching wires and cables to appliances
- adjusting, replacing and repairing faulty items, and testing equipment using electronic instruments
- installing cabling for telephone, radio, pay TV and computer transmission
- joining cables and sealing sheaths with lead and thermoplastic
- erecting, testing and maintaining aerial and underground wires and cables, and radio and mobile phone antennae
- installing telecommunications equipment and appliances such as telephones, switchboards and data transmission equipment
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation