What are they and what do they do?
Migration agents are recognised by the Australian Government and they are able to help applicants with their visa applications to Australia. They are permitted to:
- Prepare, or help prepare, a visa application or other documents
- Give advice about visa applications or visa matters
- Prepare for any court proceedings/review authority relating to visa applications or visa matters
What Qualifications or Registrations do Migration Agents need?
In order for a person to become a migration agent, they must satisfy ALL of the following requirements:
- They must be registered with Migration Agents Registration Authority (more commonly known as MARA)
- They must be meet the English language and education requirements
- They must hold a legal practising certificate, a graduate diploma or a graduate certificate in migration law and practice
- They must pass an Australian National Police Check
- They must hold professional indemnity insurance
- They must be an Australian citizen, or hold Australian permanent residency, or be a New Zealand citizen who holds a special category visa
- They must be over 18 years of age
- Meet all additional requirements
What is the difference between a migration agent and a migration lawyer?
Migration lawyers are able to represent you in court regarding immigration matters, but if they are not a registered migration agent too, then they are not allowed to provide assistance – which includes preparing visa applications and giving advice on visa matters.
If you decide to approach an immigration lawyer, it is best to ensure that they are also a registered migration agent or they will not be of much help when it comes to visa related advice and visa application preparations.
What is the Migration Institute of Australia?
The Migration Institute of Australia helps govern registered migration agents in Australia and abroad.
The MIA helps maintain the integrity of the industry by accepting members who exemplify the highest standard of migration practice and leadership.
What is MARA?
The Migration Agents Registration Authority is the governing body that regulates all migration consultants in Australia.
- If your agent is MARA registered, then that means that the Government has vetted them
- The Australian Government sanctions migration consultants who are not doing their job properly, or are acting unethically.
Get it right the first time
Save time and money
- Genuine, Expert Advice
- Personalised Service
- Friendly & Transparent
SIEANNA, May 2018
“Migration expert handled my skilled immigration process very professionally. They took me step by step through the lengthy complex process. All my questions and concerns were answered timely and clearly. migration expert made the stressful
immigration process looks so simple. I recommend everyone to work with migration expert. Finally special thanks to Natalie and Grace who provided to me this great service from day one”
Anas, June 2018
“The first time we contacted Migration experts, my partner who is Australian and I as an American, were introduced to Natalie LoBianco. Natalie calmed a lot of our stress and fears of trying to navigate through the visa process. She is highly
professional, and very kind and sincere. Natalie truly is an asset to your organization. I commend Natalie and highly recommend her and the Visa services your organize provides. Truly a 5 star rating.”
Cami, January 2018
“The Migration Expert service supported me during the all times of the migration application process. Working directly with Natalie LoBianco I managed to find my way and to succeed with the entire procedure. When there were obstacles or
even a dead end she found an alternative way and solved issues, which led to a positive outcome for the application. She continued supporting me after all, when questions occurred. I highly recommend this service and in particular Natalie
as an expert!”
Misha, April 2018
“Natalie answered all of our questions in a very timely manner. Her services were extremely affordable and she was always very friendly and helpful. The 30 minute session answered all of our immigration questions, and the 10 day question
period was unique to her service. Definitely recommend!”
Laura, January 2018
“I was delightfully surprised at the pleasant response and communication I received. I am more than happy with the help and guidance that I received and recommend this service to all whom need help, thank you for the human interaction.”
Leroy, April 2018
“From first meeting Natalie and the team I felt very safe in the knowledge that they would deal with my permanent visa application in a very professional manner. From start to finish the whole experience was seamless and stress free. I cannot
thank you enough for all your help and support . It was a pleasure going through this journey with you.”
Shelia, December 2017