The Australian workforce has experienced many structural improvements over the last
decade, which has contributed to the growth in job creation and productivity. In
the last two years, employment has grown by more than 2% per annum.
- In April 2013, the unemployment rate was 5.5%.
- Australia is ranked 11th in the world for overall productivity, as measured by GDP
per person employed.
- The 3 sectors of highest employment in Australia are: Retail trade, manufacturing
and property and business services.
- The 3 major occupation groups are: Professionals, administrative workers and technicians/trades
- Approximately 25% of the Australian labour force is comprised of employees born