ANZSCO ID 811511 - Laundry Worker (General)
Sorts, cleans, irons, folds and packages linen, clothing and other garments in a commercial laundry.
Group 81 Cleaners and Laundry Workers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- removing rubbish and emptying containers, bins and trays
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- vacuuming and steam cleaning carpets, upholstery, curtains and floors
- applying cleaning agents to remove stains and dirt
- washing articles to remove stains and dirt
- picking up, sorting, washing, drying and ironing linen and clothes
- cleaning windows and other glass surfaces